THE FUTURE OF WORKPLACE
Through our proprietary Experience per Square FootTM (XSF) tool, Cushman & Wakefield has captured more than 2.5 million data points from workers all over the globe in the pre-COVID-19 era and a further 1.7 million data points from more than 40,000 respondents in the current work from home environment.
Our workplace specialists analyzed this data to develop a report on the future of workplace, which gives you an inside look at the unrivaled insights into how employees are coping right now – identifying their key successes and critical challenge. With this data, Cushman & Wakefield has developed a report that provides insight into the future workplace.
- Productivity can occur anywhere, not just at the office:
- Pre-COVID-19, remote workers were more engaged and had a better workplace experience than office workers
- During the pandemic, effective team collaboration has reached new heights, through better leverage of remote collaborative technology, and the ability to focus was upheld
- Flexibility and choice to work from anywhere is accelerating
- 73% of the workforce believes companies should embrace some level of working from home
- Human connection and social bonding are suffering, impacting connection to corporate culture and learning
- Younger generations are reporting more challenges working from home
- The new normal will be a Total Workplace Ecosystem:
- The workplace will no longer be a single location but an ecosystem of a variety of locations and experiences to support convenience, functionality and wellbeing
- The purpose of the office will be to provide inspiring destinations that strengthens cultural connection, learning, bonding with customers and colleagues, and supports innovation
- Current footprint sizes will remain steady, balancing social distancing’s relaxing of space density with less office space headcount demand in the new total workplace strategy
Are you prepared to return to the workplace post-COVID-19?